Terms and Conditions
1. Garrison Transcription and Editing reviews the quality of recording once received from the clients (audio/video file), communicates and confirms the audio category with the client prior to services estimate.
2. Garrison Transcription and Editing requires consultation with clients to determine cost of services. For more explanation please call toll free 844.986.9898 and provide me with your contact information (Telephone or Mobile number, e-mail address and best time to call) for me to return your call.
3. Once an invoice is drafted and sent to the client, payment is due within 15 days from the date of invoice. If there are any concerns, this should be reverted within 5 days from the date of invoice.
4. Garrison Transcription and Editing invoices are made payable to Carrie Garrison.
5. Under no circumstance will Garrison Transcription and Editing accept “Master” or “Original” materials. Client hereby acknowledge that the materials submitted to me, be it VHS, DVD, MiniDV, DVCAM, Audio Cassette, or any other type of media, are of no commercial value.
6. Garrison Transcription and Editing will not be responsible for any loss or damage of materials submitted by client, including, losses or damage that may occur while shipping back the materials to client.
7. Client accepts that seldom, there may be unavoidable inaccuracies due to audio quality, vague regional language or slang, unusual proper names and nouns in rare circumstance.
8. Transcription services delivered by Garrison Transcription and Editing do include light research or proofing to confirm the correct spelling of proper nouns, technical jargon, geographical locations and slang. The client also acknowledges that words spoken are often different from proper grammar. In particular, most people talk in prolonged sentences. Garrison Transcription and Editing will do its best to determine when a sentence ends and the next begins. However, clients have to accept that this is an assessment and have to agree that Garrison Transcription and Editing will make no attempt to correct grammar unless Editing services are included.
9. Any claims of deficiency made by the client must be presented within 10 days; the completed transcripts will be forwarded to my e-mail address.
10. Garrison Transcription and Editing offers expedient services defined as transcription that is performed within 48 business hours and 50% to 70% upfront payment on receipt of materials from client. However, there is a restraint on how much Expedient Service material I can handle at any given time. Client agrees to contact Garrison Transcription and Editing in advance before submitting any materials for a Expedient Service.
11. Transcription services carried out on weekends and holidays will be charged extra. For more explanation please call 844.986.9898 or Contact Me.
Garrison Transcription and Editing solely has the right to change the Terms and Conditions. Any modifications of the Terms and Conditions will be posted on my web-site within 24 hours.
I Client agree to pay Garrison Transcription for any and all transcription work or other services performed by Garrison Transcription “Work” on my behalf or that of my company’s behalf.
Client accepts and understands that Garrison Transcription’s pricing is based on the number of speakers in an audio file or source. Client also accepts and understands that audio variables as well as level of turnaround time may or may not impact the price. Garrison Transcription charges per minute of audio, not by page count, number of characters or words.
Client has reviewed and agrees to the rates on Garrison Transcription’s website for its services. Client agrees to pay for all work performed by Garrison Transcription without delay and in full.
Payment is due via PayPal, Certified Bank Check or company check upon delivery of the Work to Client made payable to Carrie Garrison. Garrison Transcription reserves the right to charge a 10% late fee for PayPal payments not received within 14 days. For clients who are pre-approved to pay by check and have not paid within 45 days, Garrison Transcription reserves the right to add a 10% late fee. Client further accepts that Garrison Transcription may hold any materials related to the Work until it receives payment in full from Client, and that no new Work will be started.
Garrison Transcription guarantees a 98% accuracy rate or higher for excellent quality audio which is clearly recorded with up to two people in the recording and with minimal background noise interference and no media noise or defects.
While Garrison Transcription puts forth every effort to produce the most accurate transcript possible with qualified audio quality, Client acknowledges that any audio that does not meet the quality criteria may impact the quality of the transcript and cause it to drop below the 98% accuracy rate. When audio has been approved by Garrison Transcription as good quality, Client has 14 days from receipt of the Work to notify Garrison Transcription of any errors, which will be corrected free of charge.
All submitted audio/video files (“File(s)”) are subject to Garrison Transcription’s acceptance. Garrison Transcription has the right to reject any Files for any reason, including without limitation that it is considered to be of such poor quality that transcription is not possible. If the audio quality of any File appears to be different than the quality represented by Client, Garrison Transcription will contact Client and discuss this discrepancy and a possible increased rate. If the parties are unable to come to an agreement on the appropriate rate, Garrison Transcription may decline to work on the project and, in such case, all Files will be deleted and any physical media returned, and Garrison Transcription will perform no Work.
Client is fully aware and agrees that it is responsible for an accurate and truthful description of the audio contained in its Files. Regardless of Client’s description of the Files, in the event its description is inaccurate, Garrison Transcription will contact the Client to discuss accurate categorization of the audio File, including rates.
The burden of proof rests with Client and Client understands and accepts that no transcript is ever “perfect.” Judgment calls have to be made on punctuation, spellings, grammar, etc. The spoken word often includes run-on sentences and other grammatically incorrect language.
While Garrison Transcription strives for a 98% accuracy rate or better for audio that is properly recorded, Client agrees to release and hold Garrison Transcription, its employees, officers, directors, and agents harmless of any Claims or damages that may occur from the publication, quotation, distribution, public use or any other use of a quotation from the Work that may contain a typographical or factual or other error or even quotations that are without error.
Client acknowledges and accepts that it is the Client’s sole responsibility to proofread and confirm the accuracy of a transcript before information from a transcript is published or printed or otherwise used and Client will not take any action against or include or implicate Garrison Transcription, its employees, officers, directors, or agents as defendants in any litigation arising out of or related to Client’s use of the Work.
If Client elects to submit masters of its original Files, Client shall do so solely at its own risk. Client hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Garrison Transcription harmless from any expenses, claims, losses, costs, actions or damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to damage to or loss of any Files whether Masters or duplicates, including without limitation data and media. Garrison Transcription makes no guarantees that the Files will be received or returned free from damage during the shipping process. Under any circumstances, Client hereby acknowledges that any Files submitted to Garrison Transcription have no commercial value whatsoever. Client agrees to not hold Garrison Transcription liable for any loss or damages to or destruction of any Files, including those that may occur in shipping or transmission electronically. Client agrees to pay all shipping costs for submission and return of Files.
Garrison Transcription acknowledges that it may have access to certain Client information and materials contained in Files related to Client’s business, products, services, clients and marketing strategies that are confidential and of substantial value to the Client. Garrison Transcription undertakes not to use in any way neither for its own account nor for the account of any third party, nor disclose to any third party such confidential information revealed to it by Client unless and until required by court order or other legal process to do so or such information passes into the public domain. All transcribed work and sound files shall be deleted upon completion of the Work.
Client shall not copy, upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute in any way, information or other material which is protected by a copyright or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or the right holder or violate any individual’s/organization’s right of privacy, right of publicity or other rights. The Work and any work product of the Work shall be used solely for lawful purposes only. Client acknowledges and concurs that it will not use the Work or any work product of the Work in any way that is, or is reasonably likely to be, harmful either to Garrison Transcription, or Garrison Transcription’s customers, operations or reputation.
While Garrison Transcription makes all attempts to complete the transcription work on time and accurately, it cannot absolutely guarantee the delivery date or quality of the transcripts to be acceptable when it is delivered. Garrison Transcription will redo the transcript if it is not up to standard and will attempt to deliver it on time. However, Garrison Transcription cannot be held responsible for any losses due to a delay in delivery or inaccuracy that may occur. By agreeing to this contract, Client indemnifies Garrison Transcription from any losses that may be incurred due to project delays or inaccuracy of the transcripts.
Client also hereby indemnifies and holds Garrison Transcription and its employees, officers, directors, and agents harmless from and against any and all Claims or threat of Claims and damages against Garrison Transcription and/or its employees, officers, directors, and agents arising out of or related to Client’s Files and any use of the Work based thereon.
Garrison Transcription shall not be held liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or loss of profits, revenue, data or use, by the Client or any third party, whether in an action in contract or tort or strict liability or other legal theory, even if Garrison Transcription has been advised of the possibility of such damages. If Client is dissatisfied with the Work, Client’s sole and exclusive option is to have Garrison Transcription correct mistakes in the Work. Garrison Transcription’s sole liability for any Claim or loss, damage or expense from any cause whatsoever arising out of or related to this agreement, the Work or any Files, shall in no event exceed sums actually paid to Garrison Transcription by Client.
Client agrees and understands that use of Garrison Transcription’s services, website and checking the box in the Order form to agree to the Terms of Service (TOS) creates a complete and binding agreement between Client and Garrison Transcription and binds Client to the terms of service listed in this document. During the Term of this agreement, each instance of provision of services hereunder shall be subject to these Terms of Service. Garrison Transcription holds the right to change or modify this Terms of Service (TOS) agreement on occasion. Any modifications or changes made will appear on the www.Garrison-Transcription.com website.